Indulgence in Eastern Canada - with New England Cruise, Vista Suite, Summer 2021
Tour Type: Luxury Gold
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Rich in European architecture and striking natural phenomena, you've made it to eastern Canada. A mix of English and French cultures, indulge in all the elegance this romantic journey has to offer. From the sweeping skylines of Toronto to the thundering thrills of Niagara Falls, you'll be equally inspired by both the natural elements and urban areas of this striking part of the world. Along the way you'll stay at the best hotels, including the Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa and Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City, both praised for their decadent decor and prime locations.Exceptional Dining
- Toronto: At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with wine.
- Ottawa: Indulge at Play, Food & Wine - a modern culinary experience that will delight your taste buds with its fresh food using local, sustainable and seasonal products sourced by farmers and foragers.
- Quebec City: In the evening, you'll savour a spectacular Dinner with wine at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew.
- Quebec City: Enjoy a tasting lunch picnic with cheese, bread and fruits - all produced right on the island.
- Montreal: Enjoy delicious food and wine at Gibbys, a charming restaurant housed in a 200-year-old building in Old Montreal.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L), 7 Dinners (D) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Niagara Falls: Greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the Falls on-board your cruise.
- Niagara Falls: Visit Chateau des Charmes, where you are welcomed with a limited production rose sparkling wine, followed by a tour and tasting of wines from St. David's Bench Vineyard, accompanied by hand-made local ice cream and local fruit.
- Ottawa: Enjoy an exclusive meeting with a retired Mountie, a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Montreal: Visit some of the city's most iconic sites with a Local Expert, including Notre Dame Basilica with its dazzling combination of blue and gold decor.
- Quebec: Visit a secret gem on the Ile d'Orleans and indulge in the different flavours of jam made with local grown berries.
- Quebec: On a sightseeing tour, a Local Expert will bring to life this beautiful and historic city that will feel as if you've set foot on European soil.
- Quebec City: As a guest at the iconic Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, enjoy an exclusive guided tour of this historic building and learn about its history. Gain access to areas not accessible to the general public.
- Toronto: The Omni King Edward Hotel showcases the old-world charm and vibrancy of the city.
- Ottawa: You will be treated to a spectacular stay with unparalleled luxury at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier.
- Quebec City: The urban resort of the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac will entice you with its breathtaking views of the St. Lawrence River and Old Quebec.
- Montreal: Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel has welcomed queens, princes and princesses, heads of state and international business leaders.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- Niagara-on-the-Lake: Visit Chateau des Charmes, where you are welcomed with a limited production rose sparkling wine, followed by a guided tour of the vineyard, which was founded a fifth-generation French winegrower. Enjoy a private wine tasting, including ice wine, a rare local specialty.
- Ottawa: Experience Ottawa Your Way this afternoon, with your choice of craft beer tasting in Byward Market or a guided tour of the Canadian Museum of History.
- Quebec City: Visit a secret gem on the Ile d'Orleans where you will be met by your hosts, the charming couple, Catherine and Vincent - two 'Sorcerers,' as the natives of Ile d'Orleans call themselves, and indulge in the different flavours of jam made with locally grown berries. As you enter, you will be immediately welcomed by the sweet smell of cooked berries as you explore their shop which, captures the ambience of the island from a hundred years ago.Then enjoy a tasty picnic lunch with cheese, bread, fruits and wine - all produced right on the island. As you eat, take in the views of rolling hills and red-roofed farm houses.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
|Call (800) 771-8690 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110595|
|Luxury Gold by Insight|
|Offer valid through 12/31/2020|
|Day 1||Toronto||Welcome to Toronto.: Welcome to Canada. On arrival at Toronto International Airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your luxury hotel, known for its grand architecture and glamorous atmosphere. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Omni King Edward Hotel, Toronto.
|Day 2||Toronto||Niagara Falls Up Close and Toronto Sightseeing.: Discover one of the world's great natural wonders, Niagara Falls, as you enjoy intimate views on a narrated cruise to the base of the falls, before exploring Niagara-on-the-Lake. Visit Chateau des Charmes, where you are welcomed with a limited production rose sparkling wine, followed by a tour and tasting of wines from St. David's Bench Vineyard, accompanied by hand-made local ice cream and local fruit. Back in Toronto, see Ontario's Parliament buildings, Queen's Park and the Royal Ontario Museum. The rest of the evening is at leisure, so whether you want to check out the local restaurants, head to Eaton Centre to shop or visit the pride of Canada, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the choice is yours. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Ottawa||Kingston and the Canadian Capital of Ottawa.: Travel along the shores of Lake Ontario for a tour of Canada's first capital, Kingston. Continue to the modern capital of Ottawa. You'll meet a retired member of the renowned Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Hear fascinating tales of what it's like to wear the famous red serge uniform. Later, settle into your landmark hotel, the Fairmont Chateau Laurier. Reminiscent of a French chateau, this stunning accommodation offers breath-taking views of the St Lawrence River and Old Quebec. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Ottawa.
|Day 4||Ottawa||All About Ottawa.: This morning's orientation tour of Ottawa includes some of the city's most iconic buildings, such as Parliament Hill with its grand Parliament buildings, Sussex Drive, the Royal Canadian Mint, Prime Minister's and Governor General's Homes, the National Art Gallery, Notre Dame, the Supreme Court of Canada, the National War Memorial, National Art Center, Canadian War Museum, National Archives and Library and Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Experience Ottawa Your Way this afternoon, with your choice of craft beer tasting at Byward Market or a guided tour of Canadian Museum of History. The rest of the day is yours at leisure. In the evening, you are invited to a farm-to-table Highlight Dinner at Play, Food & Wine. Famous for its fine fresh food, sourced by local farmers and foragers, this restaurant boasts a menu of seasonal favorites including organic meats, fruits and vegetables. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Ottawa.
|Day 5||Quebec||The Old Walled City of Quebec.: Journey along the St. Lawrence River to Quebec City, North America's first permanent French settlement and the only walled city in Canada. A Local Expert will take you on an exclusive, behind-the-scenes, tour of the iconic Chateau Frontenac. You'll gain access to areas not accessible to others and learn how its history is interwoven with the city's inhabitants. In the evening, you'll savour a spectacular Dinner with wine at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City (Deluxe Riverview Room).
|Day 6||Quebec||Quintessential Quebec.: Dive further into Quebec City's history with a Local Expert. See the Citadel of Quebec, Latin Quarter, National Assembly and Place-Royale, as you explore this city's French-Canadian influence. Visit a secret gem on Ile d'Orleans and indulge in the different flavours of jam made with local grown berries. Then enjoy a tasting lunch picnic with cheese, bread and fruits - all produced right on the island. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. Your Travelling Concierge can provide recommendations before you hit the cobblestones of this romantic destination at your own pace. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City.
|Day 7||Montreal||Historic Montreal.: Explore historic Old Montreal with its cobblestone streets and the Old Port. Visit the dramatic Notre-Dame Basilica to see its glorious stained glass windows. The rest of the afternoon is yours to do as you please. Perhaps explore Montreal's famous Underground City or visit the famous Marche Jean Talon, Montreal's farmers market and any foodie's favorite destination. Spend the evening at Gibbys, a restaurant full of old-world charm, housed in a 200-year-old building in Old Montreal. Savour French-inspired cuisine as you bid 'au revoir' to your Travelling Concierge and new friends. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, Montreal.
|Day 8||Montreal||Depart Montreal.: Welcome to your Holland America Line Canada and New England Discovery cruise for a voyage along the St. Lawrence River, the Canadian Maritimes and the New England Coast. Enjoy a morning at leisure before boarding the ship in the afternoon. Dinner will be served onboard for those on the cruise. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Holland America Line - MS Zaandam.
|Day 9||Quebec City||Quebec City.: Continue on to Quebec City. Set atop sheer cliffs and with a strong French influence both in its culture and architecture, this elegant city comes with plenty of charm. Take the funicular steps down to the Lower Town where you'll see Notre Dame des Victoires, the Petit Champlain district and the port. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 10||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence.: The Gulf of Saint Lawrence fringes the shores of half the provinces of Canada and is defined by stunning coast line and beautiful islands, including Prince Edward Island and the Magdalen Islands. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 11||Prince Edward Island||Prince Edward Island.: Call in at Charlottetown where red double-decker buses motor along streets lined with regal Victorian houses. This picturesque city is perfect for walks along the harbour and taking a moment at one of its many coffee shops. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 12||Sydney||Sydney, Nova Scotia.: Cruise past the Highlands of Nova Scotia to the port of Sydney, where lighthouses stand on cliff-side ledges and tiny villages huddle in rocky inlets. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 13||Halifax,||Halifax, Nova Scotia.: Today you'll head to Halifax, a maritime destination which offers a perfect mix of sea breezes and cultural charm. The ramparts of the citadel defending the city await you here. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 14||Bar Harbor||Bar Harbor, Maine.: Continue south to Bar Harbor, a quintessential New England coastal town on Mount Desert Island that serves as the gateway to Acadia National Park. This retreat for outdoorsy types offers freshwater lakes, rugged clifftops, forests and striking mountains. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 15||=Boston||Disembark in Boston.: Time permitting, explore Boston, before transferring to Boston Logan International Airport, or head to the trip hotel if you are extending your stay. Airport arrival will be at approximately 10:00. (Breakfast)|
|Note: Twin prices are per person. Cruise prices shown include port taxes, tips & fuel surcharge and are accurate as of 06 May 2020. See Terms & Conditions for details. All departures sail on the MS Zaandam or MS Amsterdam. Guests that book a Vista or Neptune Suite by February 28th, 2021 will receive a Shipboard Credit of $50 p.p. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests. All stateroom upgrades are subject to additional charge.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class