Vibrant Quebec and New England - Summer 2021
Tour Type: Luxury Gold
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Delve into the colourful, scenic roads and spectacular fall foliage of Canada and the USA on this dazzling trip, that takes you from eclectic Montreal, along the famous Kancamagus Highway and on to revolutionary Boston. Meet knowledgeable locals such as two jam-making islanders on Ile d'Orleans, see iconic sites and dine at the finest of restaurants. As you travel in style, stay at the most sought-after addresses - the four-diamond Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire is in the heart of vibrant, colour-changing forest and the White Mountains. Enjoy a selection of exclusive VIP Experiences, such as you learning more about the world of Champagne at Le Vignoble Le Cep d'Argent.Exceptional Dining
- Montreal: Meet your fellow travellers and Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner in the evening.
- Quebec City: Indulge on authentic regional flavors at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew.
- Quebec: Indulge in a delicious picnic lunch filled with flavoursome goodies.
- Quebec: Sit down to a hearty lunch and learn about the cheese and cider produced by the monks.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 4 Lunches (L) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Quebec: Journey to Quebec's area known as the Eastern Townships, past the beautiful Lake Memphremagog region and stop at the Abbaye De Saint-Benoit-Du-Lac for a private guided tour of the cloisters and church.
- White Mountains: Take a trip to Mount Washington, the highest peak and most prominent mountain in the Northeastern United States at 6,288.2 ft (1,916.6 m). Enjoy a scenic ride aboard the Mount Washington Cog Railway.
- New Hampshire: Travel along the panoramic Kancamagus Highway, a 34.5 mile American Scenic Byway that is well known as one of the best areas in the country for viewing fall foliage.
- Montreal: One of Montreal's most iconic landmarks, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, has been boldly decorated to reflect the golden years of Montreal with new, bright and dynamic interiors. Completed in 1958, it is now home to a completely redesigned wellness centre and indoor pool, an urban market, a signature bar and Roselys restaurant, dedicated to fresh produce from the hotel's artisan market.
- Quebec City: Located inside the walls of Old Quebec, the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac holds magnificent views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City's Old Town, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll be guaranteed river rooms and a relaxing stay, with luxurious lodging, gourmet cuisine and a new health club there to keep you pampered, nourished and refreshed for the journey ahead.
- Whitefield: Mountain View Resort opened in 1866, and since then this picturesque hotel has offered the perfect storybook setting for an idyllic mountain retreat, with sweeping views over the New Hampshire countryside. Guests can enjoy locally grown, farm-to-table cuisine at its in-house venue, Harvest Tavern.
- Lake George: Situated on a secluded private island on Lake George, The Sagamore Resort dates back to the 1880s and is famous for hosting families, celebrities and dignitaries alike. It offers lakeside accommodation, award-winning dining and its own 18-hole golf course designed by famous golfer Donald Ross. You'll dine at one of the venue's eight exceptional dining destinations during you stay.
- New York: Elegance, plush decor, marble bathrooms and striking Art Deco touches can be found at Essex House. Spread across 44 floors, you'll be presented with stunning views at this upscale Manhattan hotel, including of one of New York's finest treasures, Central Park. You'll be situated just moments away from Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle and Fifth Avenue.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- Ile d'Orleans: Visit a secret gem on the Ile d'Orleans where you will be met by your hosts, the charming couple, Catherine and Vincent - two 'Sorcerers,' as the natives of Ile d'Orleans call themselves, and indulge in the different flavours of jam made with locally grown berries. As you enter, you will be immediately welcomed by the sweet smell of cooked berries as you explore their shop which, captures the ambience of the island from a hundred years ago.Then enjoy a tasty picnic lunch with cheese, bread, fruits and wine - all produced right on the island. As you eat, take in the views of rolling hills and red-roofed farm houses.
- Quebec: Indulge in the world of Champagne in the Eastern Townships. Learn about the historic controversy of differentiating Champagne from sparkling wine at Vignoble Le Cep d'Argent.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
|Call (800) 771-8690 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110637|
|Luxury Gold by Insight|
|Offer valid through 12/31/2020|
|Day 1||Montreal||Welcome to Montreal.: Welcome to the Great White North. On arrival at Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, you will begin your journey with a transfer to your luxury hotel, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. One of Montreal's most iconic landmarks, the hotel has been boldly decorated to reflect the golden years of Montreal with new, bright and dynamic interiors. Located in the heart of the city's thriving shopping and business district, enjoy a leisurely browse around the stores or simply relax at your hotel before you meet your fellow travellers and Travelling Concierge at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner in the evening. (Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, Montreal.
|Day 2||Montreal||Highlights of Montreal.: Enjoy a relaxed start in the morning before heading out to explore historic Old Montreal with a local guide. Situated on the edge of the Saint Lawrence River, stroll through its cobblestone streets and visit the Old Port, where Montreal founder, Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve, is said to have anchored in 1642. Later, visit the dramatic Notre Dame Basilica to see its stained-glass windows. This ornate building was constructed between 1824 and 1829 and was created in a Gothic Revival style. Originally designed by esteemed artist Jean-Baptiste Lagace, the church's intricate interior decoration was completed in 1880 by architect Victor Bourgeau. After a morning exploring, you'll have the rest of the day to do as you please. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City (Deluxe Riverview Rooms).
|Day 3||Quebec City||Onward to Quebec City.: Depart Montreal for one of the oldest European cities in North America, Quebec City. Soak up the lively and unique French Canadian culture and enjoy the 400-year history you'll find within its ramparts. Visit the iconic Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, where you will be greeted by Local Experts for a guided visit of this historic chateau. Learn about its history and go behind-the-scenes to places closed to the public. The evening is yours to do as you please. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City (Deluxe Riverview Room).
|Day 4||Quebec||Quintessential Quebec.: The day begins with a guided walking tour of Old Quebec. See the Citadel of Quebec, the Latin Quarter, the National Assembly and the Place-Royale, as you explore the city's Old Town. As one of North America's oldest settlements, it also happens to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the Canadian cities with the most French influence. Leave this pretty city behind as you make your way to your VIP experience on Ile d'Orleans. Stop at Confiturerie Tigidou, a local artisan jam workshop, where you will be met by your hosts or 'sorcerers', Catherine and Vincent - natives of the island have historically always called themselves 'sorcerers', due to the great numbers of fireflies that appear at night. Be welcomed into their shop by the sweet smell of cooked berries. The couple close the store exclusively for Luxury Gold guests, allowing you to learn more about the delicious jams, their passion for healthy food and life on the island in a private session. You'll be provided with a delicious picnic basket filled with flavoursome goodies to indulge on outside, with views of lush rolling hills and the garden of Tigidou. Back in Quebec City, your evening is at leisure. Ask your Travelling Concierge for recommendations on where to head for dinner. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 5||Bretton Woods||Quebec City to Bretton Woods.: Start the day with a journey to Quebec's area known as the Eastern Townships. Pass the beautiful Memphremagog region and stop at the Abbaye De Saint-Benoit-Du-Lac for a private guided tour of the cloisters and church. Founded in 1912, this quaint building still houses some 30 monks who live by the rule of St. Benedict. Enjoy a hearty lunch and learn about the cheese and cider that is made at the Abbaye by the monks. Later, move on to Le Vignoble Le Cep d'Argent, where you will indulge in the world of Champagne in the Eastern Townships and learn about the historic controversy of differentiating champagne from sparkling wine. Witness the final steps of the traditional method of making sparkling wine, including a live disgorging by the owner, just before corking. You'll then get to taste the Brut Nature, something exclusive to Luxury Gold guests, before one lucky traveler gets to saber a bottle of the sparkling wine - you'll be given a small course on how to do it first. The experience concludes with the tasting of some of the products that are produced at Le Vignoble Le Cep d'Argent, including l'Archer, a type of Port wine with maple syrup. After settling in at your beautiful mountain resort, indulge in a dinner with wine this evening. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Omni Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods.
|Day 6||White Mountains||White Mountains Sightseeing.: Wake to storybook views at your hotel before heading out for more breathtaking scenery aboard the Mount Washington Cog Railway. This morning journey to the summit of Mount Washington, where you'll find 360 views of the surrounding areas including up to five states, Canada and the Atlantic Ocean. Once there, take in the summit and head to the Sherman Visitor Center. The Mount Washington Cog Railway is a National Historic Engineering Landmark and part of America's heritage. Later, take time for lunch on your own in North Conway before exploring North Conway Village. This quintessential New England suburb is home to a number of quaint shops, cafes, a beautiful park, historic train station, museums and dining options. Journey along the famous Kancamagus Highway. This 34.5-mile scenic drive in Northern New Hampshire is known as one of the best viewing areas to experience the magnificent orange hues of America's fall in all its glory. Now a designated American Scenic Byway, take in its beauty from the comfort of your luxury coach, as you cut through the White Mountain National Forest, with its breathtaking views of the White Mountains, the Swift River, Sabbaday Falls, Lower Falls and Rocky Gorge. (Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Boston||From New Hampshire to colonial Boston.: Depart the vibrant forests of New Hampshire and stop in Portsmouth, a picturesque historic seaport on the Piscataqua River. Next, make your way to Massachusetts and the town of Salem, known for the witch trials of 1692. Enjoy lunch on your own here before travelling on to Boston to discover its revolutionary spirit. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston.
|Day 8||Boston||Boston and Cambridge Sightseeing.: Explore Boston with your Travelling Concierge this morning and discover this city's incredible past and present. See the red-brick Freedom Trail and famous landmarks that shaped the nation. Visit Cambridge this afternoon, also known as "the most innovative square mile on the planet" thanks to many successful businesses that got their start here. Home to famous Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), there is plenty to see and do here. After a full day of exploration, join your new friends and Travelling Concierge for a delightful Celebration Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Boston||Depart Boston.: Your colourful fall foliage trip ends this morning and a departure transfer to Boston Logan International Airport is provided. (Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class